The Class of 2010

The Class of 2010
The class prepares to cover the Memorial Day Weekend Soccer Tournament at ESPN Wide World of Sports

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 6 from St. Petersburg

This blog post may be coming way too early, but I have to honestly say that I am grateful for the SJI experience and the talented journalists in this year’s class.

It’s only Day 6 of 9 in Saint Petersburg, Fla. and once again, my perspective on the sports journalism industry has taken a complete shift for the better.

I have this program and the people in it to thank.

Despite the long days and warm classrooms, I have already acquired a wealth of knowledge from established media professionals. Regardless of our educational backgrounds, every student selected to the program is personable, entertaining and a pleasure to collaborate with on the daily basis.

I have never encountered such a life-changing experience during my three-year journey to one day becoming a sports journalist.

Greg Lee Jr. wrote in an e-mail dated, May 25, “Consider this the key to a successful start for the rest of your life.”

We still have three days left. What an amazing beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment