The Class of 2010

The Class of 2010
The class prepares to cover the Memorial Day Weekend Soccer Tournament at ESPN Wide World of Sports

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Halfway done

As we reach our sixth day at the Sports Journalism Institute, our class has experienced a lot. We have covered soccer and a Major League Baseball game, we have heard from some of the key players in the world of journalism and we have taken dozens and dozens of sports check. What we have learned so far has been a valuable experience that will help us in our careers.

With four days remaining here at the Poynter Institute, I can even imagine how much more we still are going to and need to learn. Today, we will have four more speakers, along with four more tomorrow. The topics they will be discussing will revolve around the world of sports journalism and what we can expect once we begin to cover a beat.

From covering a little league soccer game to the Tampa Bay Rays game to all the lectures, I can honest say that I have learned more here than I have in all of my journalism class at UTEP. Getting real world experience has been a tough and great experience, and I now am more confident in covering major and minor sporting events.

I am excited and can’t wait to begin my internship at the Houston Chronicle, because I know what I have learned here at SJI will help me succeed at the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment