The Class of 2010

The Class of 2010
The class prepares to cover the Memorial Day Weekend Soccer Tournament at ESPN Wide World of Sports

Monday, June 21, 2010

Santa Cruz Checking In!!

My SJI loves!! It has been too long since we have spoken. Just think. Exactly one month ago, we were just finishing school and getting ready for our trip to Florida. Doesn't it seem like a year has gone by?!! Everything has happened so fast. This last month is like a blur to me! A very good blur, at that.

Well, since you've been gone (Kelly Clarkson voice), I went to LA for a week to gather my stuff and prepare for my move to Santa Cruz. I also enjoyed my LAKERS win ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP. It was just so special to me because I believe BIG SEXY, GOON, GREG, MALIK & CHENG doubted them. Silly rabbits! Just for that, take this face!

Now that that's off my chest, let me tell you about my experience here in Santa Cruz. I've been here for a week and it's... different. Not in a bad way. I actually like it here. I'm a city girl 100% and now I'm here in Santa Cruz where everything is chill and everyone is friendly. Santa Cruz definitely has a good vibe. Unfortunately, I have also been very sick. Since I got off the plane from Florida, I've lost my voice and caught a cold. Then when I got here, I've got real bad allergies. None the less, I'm finally starting to get better. I'm glad to here that Goon is doing well too.


Since I've been in Santa Cruz, I have written a story about scholar-athletes, a little league team and a football camp. BUT the biggest thing that I've gotten to do was cover the U.S. OPEN with Tiger, Tiger Woods yall!


Since I'm not as knowledgeable in golf as in other sports, I got permission to be in charge of the multimedia aspect of the Open. I tweeted (even did a bubble tweet) and they also gave me a flip cam, in which I recorded interviews with. Tiger Woods looked like the old Tiger again. He finished in the top five. Funny quote I got from him at the end of round 2 was:


"I was able to control my balls," Tiger said.


Well, I'm so happy that we are all Facebooking and Twitter, Glittering each other. Make sure we always keep in touch! I'm glad everyone is doing well.


And not to toot my own horn or anything, BUT I believe my old roommate Amelia is doing it the biggest out of all of us! She's covering Vikings stories, doing NFL features and even doing some broadcast. I'm proud of you MOM!!

I never thought I would join a fraternity, but I'm glad I'm in SJI

Welcome to the Fraternity (Morgan Freeman voice) EASY!!

-Isis AKA Ice Boogie

No comments:

Post a Comment