The Class of 2010

The Class of 2010
The class prepares to cover the Memorial Day Weekend Soccer Tournament at ESPN Wide World of Sports

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sports Checkmate

A little piece of us died today. Greg Lee brought out the big guns with today's sports check. We almost knew it was coming eventually, we just didn't know how soon.
Every morning it has been a scramble to get to news stands, pop open computers, make phone calls, pray, send notes to Santa Clause, absolutely anything to get as much knowledge about sports news as possible before the cross examination.
Today, I probably would have had a better chance at making the cut for the Masters and marrying Alicia Keys than passing the sports check. If my self esteem was the Dow Jones (a subject covered in today's interrogation), my stock would have dropped about 150 points already.
I peeked over to my left as fellow SJI intern, Amelia Rayno, put 'x' after 'x' next to my answers. My paper looked like a schizophrenic treasure map. It got ugly, very fast.
The best part about rock bottom, that there's nowhere to go but up...

No comments:

Post a Comment