The Class of 2010

The Class of 2010
The class prepares to cover the Memorial Day Weekend Soccer Tournament at ESPN Wide World of Sports

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Preacher

(Still new to blogging. I say that because I was writing, like my colleagues, about Marc Spears and I saved it. But now, I can't find it.)

Kenny Irby was Tuesday's first speaker. The first thing I recognized about Mr. Irby is the way he talked -- enunciated and had the voice of a preacher. Actually, he's a pastor. For most people, we tend to gravitate toward great speakers and Mr. Irby can definitely pull it off.

Anywho, learn a new word -- wetware. Anyone not in my SJI class wanna guess what it means?

We also chatted about privacy, accuracy and protection issues, being on the record and being truth-tellers. And of course there's SWAG, Stuff We All Get. Yes, capital letters even though it's not a real acronym. Why not? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment