The Class of 2010

The Class of 2010
The class prepares to cover the Memorial Day Weekend Soccer Tournament at ESPN Wide World of Sports

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Iphone May Be In Order and a Mac

Today was definitely the most interesting day since I’ve been in St. Pete this past week. I saw some things that most don’t see in their entire lifetime. I’m not going to speak on the specifics because that’s not what I do at all but I learned a bunch of new stuff.
Al Tompkins talked to us three times today and engaged us to the point that I thought my brain was going to explode. The SJI team of writers learned several apps for smart phones but I think the best one was Vlingo.
With Vlingo you can say a place that you are interested in going to and the phone will give u directions. Also you can tweet while your driving you simply say into the “Twitter Updates” and you can say what you want to tweet and the phone will update your twitter at that moment. I didn’t even know there was software available like that but I always wanted to tweet while I’m doing something else.

Another app that Tompkins showed us was a teleprompter app that I won’t disclose at this time because I don’t want anyone stealing the idea and taking it to places that I want to take it. Just now you can act like Anchorman on the go with it which is unheard of.
Later on in the day we met with Mr. Irby and Mr. Clark and they showed us pictures and we had to voice our opinions in what we saw. It was a fun exercise, I truly enjoy when I’m asked questions on pictures or videos instead of being lectured to.
I think this entire week has been good teaching wise I wish my teachers at Temple would practice stuff like this instead of lecturing us for 2 hours every other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment